Thursday, July 14, 2011

Male Eating Disorders

So something I never understood fully is men who have weight problems, unless you know, they're on the wrestling team. Friends that were on the high school wrestling team are still irrevocably screwed up years later. But, other than that, most of my guy friends have had a very realistic grasp on their weight even if they thought they needed to lose pounds. The guy I'm currently seeing just doesn't eat. I don't get it! He just doesn't like food. It's not laziness as I know this is a huge reason why a lot of guys won't eat in college because they don't want to cook---I offer to make him food! Even if he felt like he was imposing, I make my own food and then try and shove it down his face. More or less.

He maybe eats 500 calories a day when he should be eating close to 2,000 (6' male who works out every day). And even so, those 500 calories are his bland scrambled eggs (not even pepper!) and plain toast that I shove down his throat. I don't get it.

Don't get me wrong I get extremely happy every time I think about how as I make him eat more, I eat less. But still. I worry about him and I don't know how to approach it. I feel hypocritical, but I just find it odd that straight males refuse food.


P.S. Male EDs is way to close to Male ED : (Male Eating Disorders | Male Erectile Dysfunction)

No comments:

Post a Comment